Your Home from Scratch #2: Colette’s Amazing Deck

Posted by John on April 17th, 2014

Today we’re exited to bring you another edition of Your Home from Scratch.  If this is your first time to our site, Your Home from Scratch is a new series where we interview our readers and other bloggers to bring you their challenging home improvement projects.  Last week in our first Your Home from Scratch post […]

Posted in DIY Projects,Outdoors and Landscaping,Your Home from Scratch. Tagged in ,,

When DIY Fails

Posted by John on September 30th, 2013

I had high hopes for today’s post.  I thought I had learned from my mistakes enough to get this one right.  You were supposed to stop by today and see a black, concrete planter on our front porch freshly adorned with festive orange mums. Not so much. Instead of being stuffed with fall flowers, this […]

Posted in DIY Projects,Outdoors and Landscaping. Tagged in ,, ,

Summer Rewind

Posted by John on September 17th, 2013

It was a good summer.  I only got sun burned once.  Or twice.  Got to the beach a few times.  Good stuff.  As far as home improvement projects go, this summer wasn’t too bad either.  Let’s take a look back and see what we got done and what we postponed. We started off the summer […]

Posted in Garage and Tools,Outdoors and Landscaping. Tagged in ,,

Keep Mulch from Washing Away

Posted by John on June 25th, 2013

Summer is in full swing around here, which means just about every weekend we have some sort of family activity.  Certainly not complaining.  Given the choice between spending time with family or working on my house, I’ll choose hanging out with my family 100 times out of 100.  Consequently, our DIY projects have been relegated […]

Posted in Outdoors and Landscaping. Tagged in ,,

Mailbox Flowerbed

Posted by John on June 2nd, 2013

So even though we haven’t officially hit the summer season yet, we’ve already managed to finish one of the projects on our Summer To-Do List.  Our mailbox flowerbed overhaul is all done.  Only thing left to do is water it everyday for the rest of my natural life.  Yay! Last week we showed you how […]

Posted in Outdoors and Landscaping. Tagged in ,, , ,

How to Paint a Mailbox

Posted by John on May 27th, 2013

Hope everyone had a happy and safe Memorial Day!  Thanks always to those who gave their lives in defense of the freedoms we hold dear. This past weekend we had a small family get together for our daughter’s Christening.  Good times.  We also managed to squeeze in some gardening and DIYing, of course.  As much […]

Posted in DIY Projects,Outdoors and Landscaping,Staining and Painting. Tagged in ,, ,

Our Spring and Summer Plans

Posted by John on May 20th, 2013

We’re back.  Just had one of those weekends where we did next to nothing.  No home improvement projects to blog about.  No chores.  Nothing.  Watched a ton of Doctor Who.  It was everything I hoped it would be.  My batteries are officially recharged. I’m trying to keep up the frequency of our posts, but I’ve […]

Posted in Outdoors and Landscaping,Outside. Tagged in ,, ,

Pinterest Challenge: Monogrammed Concrete Planter

Posted by John on May 8th, 2013

It’s Pinterest Challenge Day everybody!  It’s like “show and tell” for bloggers… times ten.  Since the weather has been getting warmer, the yard has been on our minds more often lately.  What better way to kick off our outdoor season than with garden style Pinterest Challenge project.  We attempted a somewhat ambitious project and decided […]

Posted in DIY Projects,Outdoors and Landscaping. Tagged in ,,

State of our Yard: Fall 2012

Posted by John on October 16th, 2012

Hey everybody!!  Hope everyone is enjoying their Fall weather!  We just had a great weekend and it was made all the better with the warm weather.  Saturday night we did a ghost walk through a town not too far from here and Sunday we met some friends and went to Sesame Place.  So our weekend […]

Posted in Outdoors and Landscaping. Tagged in ,, , , ,

What I’ve Learned About Flower Beds

Posted by John on September 19th, 2012

Instead of bringing you a post on some of our latest outside work as I’d planned, I’m forced to goto Option B and discuss something else.  I was hoping to come home from work and snap some quality photos of our mums, and the finished front door paint.  However, due to some pretty nasty weather, […]

Posted in Fall,Outdoors and Landscaping. Tagged in ,, , , , ,

Page 1 of 3123