Our Favorite Hardwood Floor Cleaner

Posted by John on November 25th, 2014

In this post you’ll learn about – Our favorite hardwood floor cleaner – How you can save $3 on your next Bona product purchase This is a sponsored post by Bona.  You can read about our sponsored post policy here. With the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday fast approaching, Lisa and I will be in a […]

Posted in Flooring,Giveaways. Tagged in ,,

How to Remove Hardwood Flooring

Posted by John on January 13th, 2014

So last weekend we ripped out some of the hardwood flooring in our vestibule and got started with adding in the new boards.  Since we were super busy with work and our Free Built-In Plans, we haven’t had much opportunity to continue work on it.  Even though the office floor is roughly half done, it’s […]

Posted in DIY Projects,Flooring. Tagged in ,,

Hardwood Floor Installation

Posted by John on January 5th, 2014

Happy 2014!!  We’re back.  Cue the theme music. A few weeks ago, I finished up my last grad school course and headed into the holidays ready to take some much needed time off.  Consequently, we decided to take a blog vacation until the holidays were over.  Hope you missed us. This past week, we kicked-off […]

Posted in DIY Projects,Flooring. Tagged in ,, , ,

Grand Plans Update and Our Icemaker-Paradigm Shift

Posted by John on January 30th, 2012

How about that for a post title! Well folks, it’s been seven weeks since we started on our Grand Plans!  I can’t believe how quickly the time has gone.  We still have a few small projects left on our list, but here’s what we’ve accomplished to date… 1.  Add chair rail molding to vestibule (how-to […]

Posted in Flooring,Plumbing,Staining and Painting. Tagged in ,,

Our Quasi Free Area Rug

Posted by John on January 25th, 2012

Remember this old thing? That’s our old wall to wall carpet in our family room. We ripped it out when we installed our hardwood floors. This carpet has a seam in the middle that made removing it into two movable section fairly simple. Lisa and I initially thought about just scrapping these pieces, but we […]

Posted in Flooring. Tagged in ,,

Add Trim without the Tape Measure

Posted by John on January 11th, 2012

Lisa and I are still basking in the awesomeness that is our new hardwood floors. They’re so shiny and clean that I almost don’t want to walk on them… almost. Lots of sliding in socks going on around here. On Monday morning, I took a brake from basking and sliding and I started installing the […]

Posted in Flooring,Trim. Tagged in ,, ,

Family Room: Floored

Posted by John on January 10th, 2012

Well this has been one of the toughest weekends ever, but it was worth it. Lisa and I installed hardwood floors in our family room. We are extremely happy (and sore) with how it came out. For this post, since we already did a How-To on hardwood floor installation last week, I thought we’d just […]

Posted in Flooring. Tagged in ,, ,

Finishing Up the Living Room Floor

Posted by John on January 4th, 2012

This is the second part of our hardwood floor installation.  This project was started on the Monday after Christmas and I left it as seen in yesterday’s post for a few days until I was able to get back to it last Friday.  There’s a LOT of hardwood flooring posts coming your way as we […]

Posted in Flooring. Tagged in ,, ,

Replacing Carpet with Hardwood Floors

Posted by John on January 3rd, 2012

Ahhhhh.  Feels good to finally write that title.  This project has been on my wish list for this house since we moved in.  It’s been apart of our Grand Plans for several weeks now and I can put a check in the box.  As I write this though, I still have to add the quarter […]

Posted in Flooring. Tagged in ,,