Hey everybody! Another busy work week here for us means less project doing and more project planning. Since we’re more or less into the whole Fall thing by now (I’m going along with it, although my feet are still in the beach sand), it’s time to post about all of our Fall projects. What better way to kick off Fall on OHFS than with a to-do list.
1. Fall Decor. Every year it’s the same thing. Lisa buys more and more pumpkins and pumpkin paraphernalia, puts them EVERYWHERE and I try to pretend that we don’t have a galactic number of orange tribbles around the house. Aside from the squadrons of black triangle eyes staring at me in every room, Lisa also just finished a pretty sweet pumpkin-less wreath for our front door. I’m sure she’ll be posting on that one soon as well as her favorite pumpkins.
2. Built-ins. You may have seen this idea in our guest post at Decor and the Dog. We’ve been thinking about making some proper built-ins for our home office. While we’re probably not actually going to start the office demo and floor installation until right before or after Christmas, the built-ins can be made well ahead of time and then installed once the room is ready for them. Just like kitchen cabinets. Beats waiting around for them!
3. Car stuff. I’m going to have some gnarly dude stuff on here. I’m behind on some much needed car maintenance. The work will vary from things everyone can do to things that I’m not sure I can do myself. It’s going to be fun and we’ll all learn something. I’m in need of an oil change, I’d like to clean up and paint my alloy wheels and repair some rust, which may or may not involve welding.
4. Paint more stuff. We haven’t showed your our master bedroom or our master bath yet. Plus, we have a small sitting room in our master bedroom that’s got zero stuff in it right now. Nada. It needs furniture, paint, the works. Hopefully, we’ll get to some of these. We still have a LOT of white, unpainted walls.
5. Yard Updates. We haven’t had a yard post here in a long time since we were pretty much consumed with wainscoting. We owe you one. Even if we don’t actually do any projects out here while it cools off, we’ll show you where we’re at. We’ve got some ideas to help improve the look and ease the maintenance.
So, that’s what’s coming your way before the holidays. Yikes. Christmas will be here in three months!! Too soon, too soon.
What’s on your fall agenda?