How to Paint a Mailbox

Posted by John on May 27th, 2013

Hope everyone had a happy and safe Memorial Day!  Thanks always to those who gave their lives in defense of the freedoms we hold dear. This past weekend we had a small family get together for our daughter’s Christening.  Good times.  We also managed to squeeze in some gardening and DIYing, of course.  As much […]

Posted in DIY Projects,Outdoors and Landscaping,Staining and Painting. Tagged in ,, ,

Our Hall Bathroom Painted

Posted by John on November 25th, 2012

Hey everybody! Hope all of our American friends safely and joyfully slept off their turkey induced comas. Lisa and I had a great holiday with our family. Thursday we drove up to Northeast PA and had dinner at my mom’s house. Driving for two hours back home after eating turkey can be dangerous, but luckily […]

Posted in House Tour,Staining and Painting. Tagged in ,, , ,

Garage Shoe Organizer Finished

Posted by John on November 12th, 2012

***UPDATE:  The woodworking plans for this Shoe Organizer have just been uploaded to our Plans page.  To get access, just subscribe to our free newsletter using the sign-up form in the sidebar or following this post.  Immediately after you subscribe, you’ll get an email with a link to the Plans page.*** Hope you all enjoyed […]

Posted in Carpentry,Garage and Tools,Staining and Painting. Tagged in ,, , , , ,

How to Repair Drywall Tears

Posted by John on February 6th, 2012

Well that was a fun weekend! Lisa and I had a family party for our daughter on Saturday afternoon… and it went off without a hitch. I can’t believe she’s one already! Where does the time go? We basically spent the last six weeks preparing for this with all the projects and cleaning and it […]

Posted in DIY Projects. Tagged in ,, ,

Grand Plans Update and Our Icemaker-Paradigm Shift

Posted by John on January 30th, 2012

How about that for a post title! Well folks, it’s been seven weeks since we started on our Grand Plans!  I can’t believe how quickly the time has gone.  We still have a few small projects left on our list, but here’s what we’ve accomplished to date… 1.  Add chair rail molding to vestibule (how-to […]

Posted in Flooring,Plumbing,Staining and Painting. Tagged in ,,

Painting in Progress

Posted by John on January 13th, 2012

Last week, we posted on some of the lessons we learned when we hired a professional painter.  This week we’ve had the opportunity to put some of those lessons to the test to see how well they’ve worked.  The photo below shows the current state of our family room (well, we’ve actually moved our furniture […]

Posted in Lessons Learned,Staining and Painting. Tagged in ,,

Lessons Learned #1: Pro Painter Skills

Posted by John on January 6th, 2012

I want to try something a little different here so bare with me.  I’ve said before that I’m not a fan of hiring a contractor to do something that I can do on my own.  It’s just not in my nature.  I’ll make exceptions to that rule, like when I’m too afraid of heights to […]

Posted in Lessons Learned,Staining and Painting. Tagged in ,,

Vestibule: Painted

Posted by John on January 2nd, 2012

New Year: New Colors. Since we moved into our new home in July of 2010, we haven’t done much interior painting. We DID paint the outside of our front door and we painted our nursery before the baby was born. But other than that, the white walls have been here as long as we have. […]

Posted in Staining and Painting,Trim. Tagged in ,,

Our First Video

Posted by John on December 19th, 2011

The last week or so has been crazy busy.  On top of the regular Christmas run-around, Lisa and I have been furiously busy with our grand plans; add to that a last-minute work trip to San Diego.  So bear with us as we try to squeeze in a couple quality posts between now and Christmas!! […]

Posted in Staining and Painting,Videos. Tagged in ,, ,

Our Paint Weekend

Posted by John on November 7th, 2011

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  Ours was hectic as usual and we didn’t get as much done as we’d like, but this week, it’s ON.  We got a little painting done in the garage yesterday and I’m planning on wrapping that up by this time next week, because we’re already planning our entryway project!! […]

Posted in Garage and Tools,Staining and Painting. Tagged in ,,

Page 1 of 212