Hey everybody! We’re back. Hope you all had a happy holiday. Nothing beats 10 days off from work. We had a relaxing and enjoyable break, although I wouldn’t complain if I had another 10 days off! I did manage to catch bronchitis right after Christmas and was OOC for a few days last week. Thank goodness for Z-Packs. I was hoping to get loads of stuff around the house done over the holiday, but that didn’t happen. We started a few things here and there that we’ll bring you up to speed on. First though, I thought we’d share with you our Blog To-Do list for 2013.
This is a list of projects Lisa and I would really, really like to get done this year. I’m not going to hold my breath for a few of them, but we’ll see. Can’t hurt to list them and see what happens.
I’ll run through these real quick…
1. You’re going to see a tour of our Master Bedroom real soon. Prepare to be underwhelmed at how little we’ve done in here. We’re taking a first step and working on our attached sitting room. We’re buying a couch, throwing a flat screen on the wall and maybe making some built-ins or buying a shelf. This is the first series of posts we have for you in 2013.
2. Custom WordPress Theme… This one is killing me. I know how to build it, I think. We still have yet to put ideas to paper and create one. I’m hoping to knock this out ASAP. Stay tuned.
3. See #1. We need to do something with these spaces. Badly.
4. It’s either build a deck or finish the basement. We’re leaning towards the deck since it makes having summer visitors more enjoyable, but having a finished basement would be sweet. I could finish a deck in a few weekends and it’s fairly inexpensive. A basement finish would be a summer long affair and would be a LOT of material $$.
5. The garage.. ehhhh. We need shelves and storage. Can you get a house keeper that just cleans garages? This space continues to be the Bane to my Batman.
6. Ah the office. Our catch all that we’ve been meaning to get to. I would love to work on this before the spring. We’re going to rip out the carpet, install hardwood and make some built-in custom cabinets and a desk. We thought we’d get to this one last year. Didn’t happen. Hoping for this year.
7. Not a big project. I have this gentleman’s chest. It’s got a lot of stuff in it. It needs organization.. It’s not very functional… you’ll see.
8. Lisa has tasked me with improving our pantry. We have wire mesh shelves and we could probably do something a little more clever. Apparently she doesn’t like reaching into the closet for chips. She wants the chips to come to her.
9. Probably. Won’t. Happen. I want to start a compost bin or pit or pile or whatever you call it. I want to be able to throw banana peels outside. I’d really like to grow my own bell peppers and tomatoes. A couple chickens would be nice too, although I suspect they are against the community rules.
10. Needs some updating. Some plants are dying and some are thriving. Overall, the flower bed needs to be reshaped to make it easier to maintain.
I’m sure some of these will drop off and I can tell you we have a few more that we’re playing close to our vest. You’ll just have to stick around and see what happens.
What’s on your to-do list for 2013?