Can you believe Thanksgiving is this week already? Ridiculous! What’s even worse is we’ve already started decorating for Christmas. Yikes. It feels like it was Labor day just a couple of weeks ago! We have a lot of fun Christmas activities planned per our usual holiday traditions. There’s a ton to look forward to. There is, however, one thing I dread every year and that is Christmas shopping. I’m not a fan. I never know what to buy Lisa. It’s easier if she just tells me. I can only imagine at least some of you suffer from the same ineptitude when it comes to buying gifts for your loved ones. To help you out, Lisa and I are going to do back to back posts on what gifts we recommend this holiday season. Yay! I’ve written a post picking a bunch of gifts for the men in your life and Lisa will recommend gifts for the ladies. We’re just trying to make life easier for everyone. Plus, it’s fun to write lists.
Christmas Gifts for Guys 2012
1. Black Ops 2. Of course! It’s the most exciting violent video game release since Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 1. I’m all-in on this game. This is literally at the top of my personal Christmas 2012 wish list. Last year I made the switch from the COD franchise to Battlefield 3. This year, I’m looking forward to getting back to Black Ops. Is this an annoying gift to give your boyfriend or husband? Maybe. Does it beat watching golf and college football all day. Yep.
2. A Cordless Drill. If he doesn’t already have one of these, get him one. These drills are a thing of beauty. I use one on nearly every DIY project I attempt. Porter Cable also has a great 2 for 1 deal. You can get a cordless impact driver and cordless drill for a pretty reasonable price. Once my cordless DeWalt dies (if that ever happens in my lifetime), I’m going to grab a cordless impact driver.
3. A Miter Saw. These saws rule. We have a sliding compound miter saw and I can’t live without it. This Hitachi is a pretty basic unit, it’s just a compound miter, but it’s a great entry model. If you’re up for something with a little more versatility, a sliding compound miter saw gets the job done.
4. Beer of the Month Club. This is a great gift. If the beer is delivered right to your door, you don’t even have to stop playing Black Ops 2 to go out and buy some. It’s a perfect. Plus, guys are usually parched after using their cordless drill and miter saw all day. For real though, a relative gave me a beer of the month club membership for Christmas a couple years ago and it was sweet. There are 3 month, 6 month and 9 month options depending upon your budget.
5. North Face Etip Gloves. What a clever idea. You don’t need to take your gloves off to use your touch screen smart phone or iPad. Ingenious! This is a great idea for regular skiers or anybody who spends a lot of time outdoors.
6. A Kreg Pocket Hole Jig Kit. This is a DIY blog. We’re going to recommend a lot of home improvement products. This may be my favorite. We’ve built a ton of stuff using pocket holes… our first home’s kitchen cabinets, our garage shoe organizer, the dining room, on and on. This is such a smart and easy to use system. Great buy for any guy, but really anyone at all interested in DIYing.
Neck ties. Lots of neck ties.
I’m pretty sure the guys on your shopping list won’t complain about any of the items above. Unless they hate DIYing, video games, outdoors and have a gluten allergy. Then it’s pretty much a bust.
***Full disclosure: Lisa and I are members of Amazon.com associates. If you purchase any of the items above, we get a small kickback. If you’re interested in joining Amazon Associates, go to Affiliate-Program.Amazon.com ***