I can’t believe it’s already New Year’s Eve! I can still remember starting this blog back in July and wondering if we’d keep it up. So far so good! If you haven’t noticed, we haven’t been blogging as regularly as we were back before the holidays… not because we’re closing up shop but because we’ve been super busy working on the house and spending time with our daughter… typical holiday stuff. Once we get back in the rat race next week, things will return to our normal ~3 posts a week. For now, we’re enjoying our brief tech-disconnect.
This week, we thought it would be fun to write a brief list of our new year’s resolutions for our blog.
1. Improve the look and layout of our blog. Right now, we’re rocking WordPress’s basic Twenty Eleven theme. I’m SOO sick of how bland our site is. Even the banner stinks! I threw that photo in last July as a temporary pic and we haven’t changed it yet!! Yikes! I’d like to do some basic functional improvements. We spent most of our blog related time trying to write quality posts, so I’m not too too upset about our appearance, but it definitely needs an upgrade. I’ll be spending the next few weeks trying to read up on theme design and improvement.
2. Blog when there’s something to write about and not because we haven’t done one in a couple days. This one I’m definitely guilty of and not so much Lisa. Although, if I let Lisa do ALL the posts, we’d be averaging one post a month! haha! I often feel like I need to pop out posts before we may be ready. I’m going to try to ease up on that and only write one when we have the bones of a good post. I don’t want any fluff here!
3. Blog more about our plans. This is going to start sounding like a therapy session real soon here because all of these pet peeves I have are with myself. I prefer to blog about projects in action, mostly because they have photos and concrete progress worth writing about. However, I need to start blogging about our plans for projects. Lisa and I spend a good deal of time discussing and deliberating our ideas and don’t say much about it. We started to change that some with our Grand Plans post, but we need to do this more often. After all, planning is the hardest part of any project.
4. More interaction with our readers and our peers. We love reading our fellow bloggers’ posts. This year we’re going to try to get more involved so to speak and maybe try to do a couple guest posts or even have some people guest post here
5. More videos. We had such a great time with our first video, that we’re going to try to do them more often. Room tours, house tours… This will be awesome!!
Thanks for reading this year!! Hope you enjoyed reading our posts as much as we loved writing them! Have a happy and blessed new year!
Here’s a sneak peek at what we have coming your way this week…